Absentee ballot applications
Due to COVID, all registered voters are eligible to vote via absentee ballot. Absentee ballot applications have been mailed and if you haven’t received your application already, look for it in your mailbox this week.
IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED to vote or need to change or update your registration, you can do so online on or before October 27 (https://voterregistration.ct.gov/OLVR/welcome.do ) or with the Wilton Registrars.
PLEASE WAIT to receive your mailed application! Your mailed application has a bar code that makes it easier for Town Hall to process it and get you your ballot. However, you can also download and fill out the application from this website. DO NOT use the application you received for the August Primary.
Returning your application
The easiest and most reliable way to return your absentee ballot application is to use the ballot drop box in front of the Wilton Police Station (240 Danbury Road). Turn in your application as soon as possible, especially if you plan to mail it instead of using the ballot drop box.
Filling out your absentee ballot
Once your application has been received by the Town Clerk, an absentee ballot will be sent to you after October 2nd. When it arrives, be sure to:
- You will receive (i) an absentee ballot, (ii) an inner envelope, and (iii) an outer envelope.
- Fill out the absentee ballot completely.
- Place the absentee ballot inside the inner envelope.
- Sign and date the inner envelope where indicated. The main reason ballots are rejected is that the inner envelope has not been signed!!
- Place the inner envelope in the outer envelope with the Town Hall address in the address window. Note: If you are using the ballot drop box, you still have to use the outer envelope.
- Return it
Returning your absentee ballot
The easiest and most reliable way to be sure your ballot arrives in time is to use the secure ballot drop box located in front of the Wilton Police Station (240 Danbury Road) behind Town Hall. Turn in your ballot as soon as possible, especially if you plan to mail it instead of using the ballot drop box.
Absentee ballots must be received by the Town Clerk by 8:00 pm on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3rd but please return your ballot by drop box or mail ASAP.